Tuesday, December 30, 2008

OUR SEWING ROOM

I think that it took great courage for me to show you what the state of our sewing room has been like since we moved into our new home. Bec and I tidied it up over the Christmas break (OK, Bec just watched me do it and went ooh - aah at all the right times!) , and I just can't help but going in and just staring at what we've achieved!


I don't know how I managed to sew these past few months. I spent most of my time trying to find things.



But now.....


We can see our desk!


And storage for all of our fabrics, notions and patterns!


Somewhere to finally hang the costumes! That will have to be another post on showing you some of my favourite costumes I've made.

What I'm loving...

*The white cupboard from Ikea is just perfect for storing my stash!

*Our beautiful costumes are no longer shoved into a box.

What I'm not loving...

*The black desk. I do most of my sewing at night and it is really hard on the eyes. Will have to replace this with a lighter desk.

I have made a little something for Bec's birthday which is just around the corner. I can't show you yet because she might see this post! Will show you after her birthday...

And finally, Rebecca and I would like to wish you all a safe and wonderful 2009!

1 comment:

  1. WOW
    What a difference.
    Happy New Year.
    The green on the blog looks great.

    ReplyDelete