Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A PEEK INTO MY COSTUME CUPBOARD

OK, I have been asked to show some of the costumes I have made over the years. I won't torture you with them all at once....there are way too many, way too many! They won't be in any particular order, I'll just have to rummage around my digital photos and post one or two at a time. Here is one of my favourites from a few years ago......



I made this one for Bec's Year 2 Christmas Concert back in 2004. She was Frosty The Snowman. I didn't have a pattern for this costume, so I had to make it up as I went along. As the words in the song go, he had corncob pipe and a button nose / with a broomstick in his hand. The corncob pipe was made out of a bell shaped craft foam painted mustard, and transparent elastic held her button nose in place. I made an underskirt with a few rows of boning attached to it to give her that round look for the bottom, and used wadding to fill out her top half and hood. Felt was used for the top hat and I drizzled some fabric paint on it with some glitter for the snow. I think that this would have to be one of my most favourite costumes, it's been used for several school productions, and even her petite Year 2 teacher got to wear it!

I will have another look around my photo stash, and post another costume in the next day or so. Stay tuned....

3 comments:

  1. I am going to put this link on my blog so everyone can see your costumes I am so proud of them and you.
    xx Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice one. i like it very much

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this costume. You did a great job. JEM

    ReplyDelete