Wednesday, January 21, 2009

YABBA DABBA DOO!!!

Thanks Linda from http://texmorg.blogspot.com/ for the lovely post today about my costumes and sewing! And seems you asked so nicely, here is the photo of the Fred and Wilma costumes I made back in 2005 for a 40th Birthday party. We had to dress as either a Superhero or TV character. McCall's 2895 was used for both, and I made them out of polar fleece (Fred's black spots were individually sewn on!) and I found some great flocked animal print fabric for Fred's tie, and my necklace was made from those foam balls you get from the craft section. I think we made a pretty swanky couple that night!


I tried my hardest to get Bec and Tom to dress as Pebbles and Bam Bam but with no success. Here they are....



Here we have Spiderman (I can't take any credit for that costume, it was just a shop bought one!), and Tinkerbell, I had no pattern for this so I just copied the bodice part from an old dress of Bec's and attached a full skirt.

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. Just stopped by to have a look at your blog Jenni from Linda's and I love the costumes you made for Fred and Wilma, they look fantastic!! I was in Spotlight recently and saw the cupcake fabric too and was trying to figure out how I could use it...maybe make an apron too!
    Bye for now...vicki
    PS. Do you make costumes for people or just for yourself??

    ReplyDelete