Friday, November 27, 2009

WIGGLE SKIRT


I made myself a wiggle skirt for work....unintentionally!

I've used the McCall's 5523 pattern (View C) and lengthened it by about 15cm as I prefer the longer line. I also made it on the more fitted side (that's the intentional part), but because I lengthened it, I should have actually made the frilled section a little fuller to accommodate walking. I can walk in it, but with a wiggle (that's the unintentional part!)....ha! Hence the term "Wiggle Skirt".

I love this pattern because of the different effects you can have on the back panel. I'll probably make this again with the View B as it was so easy

Made from Prestaline which wears really well. The pattern didn't call for lining, but I chose to line it anyway as I believe that skirts/dresses just hang a whole lot nicer when lined, and helps with 'seating' in the rear as my job calls for sitting pretty much all day (not fond of the pouchy bum look in skirts and pants!).

I also put in an invisible zipper instead of a lapped one because I'm getting really quick at these and they look better.
And for the back view...

4 comments:

  1. What a great skirt. I love wiggle skirts, very feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you explained what a wiggle skirt is coz i had no idea. I will have to have a good look on the hols, can you believe that they are nearly here already.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL about the Wiggle skirt...and I, too, am glad you explained it! Love your green top in the pic...my favourite colour :)

    ReplyDelete